"A 'recreation' of past harmonies - a peal of beautiful, ear-ingratiating sound that eschews an idiom of dissonance and unfamiliar intervals yet has a contemporary ring..."
- Kenneth Carter (Classical Source)
- Review by Kenneth Carter (22 June 2007)
- Review by Roderic Dunnett (10 August 2007)
- Review by William Dove (23 April 2009)
- Review by Peter Reed (24 April 2009)
- Feature review by Kenwyn Pierce (September 2009)
"Perkins' music offers some wonderful challenges with its driving rhythmic impetus and lively syncopation: however, there is a space within the music for both musicians and audience to take in the enormity of this truly transcendent piece. Wensley's reworking of the texts allows the singer to immerse themselves in the magnitude of this wonderful story and the marriage of libretto and music is simply magnificent. Re:Creation truly is music in excelsis ."
- Edward Allen (Musical Director, Christ Church Singers & Sinfonietta, Chelmsford)
"The real quality of this new oratorio lies in the text by Derek Wensley. Plenty of such texts are too obvious. Mr. Wensley's biblical selection traces fresh paths."
- Roderick Dunnett (Church Times)
"Pure brilliance and genius! What a privilege to have been a part of this masterpiece."
"It stirred my heart. There were tingles down my spine."
"Truly magnificent and a joy to hear."
"Very interesting work: had sufficient musical innovation but was still accessible.
Words from scripture were a joy."
"Very powerful and impressive work. A wonderful experience; a majestic and powerful presentation."
"Excellent in every way. A real joy to be here."